1. The patient ____________ the round of antibiotics by the end of the month.
2. Judging by his complexion and breathing, he ___________ a cardiac episode.
3. This flu strain is highly contagious, and _____________ by contact with mucous.
4. The patient said he ______________ when he twisted his ankle.
5. An asthma attack is the ____________ for the child’s shortness of breath.
6. The woman _____________ about a throbbing pain in her left incisor.
7. It seems obvious the patient has suddenly __________his medication.
8. He wants to have the tooth ____________ and a false one made.
9. The patient wishes he ____________ his seatbelt.
10. ___________ has a number of potential damaging effects on one’s health.
11. The girl is recovering from a bout ____________ pneumonia.
12. Her cough was ____________ a viral infection.
13: _______________, we do not know the cause of the illness.
14: He is in good shape physically, ___________ he has some psychological issues.
15: If you could assess this patient’s ongoing respiratory condition, it ____________ much appreciated.
16: Mrs. Jones, _____________, is 12 weeks pregnant.
17: The pulmonary artery __________ blood from the heart.
18: There are 206 bones in an adult’s ___________ system.
19: Good morning Mr. Anderson. What ____________?
20: Would you mind _____________ outside for a few minutes?
Sydney College of English